Apprentices & Trainees
If you're looking for a job where you can earn while you learn, do satisfying and challenging work and establish a well paying career then an Australian Apprenticeship or Traineeship may be for you.
Apprenticeships and traineeships combine time at work with training. It's where you're employed in a traditional paid working arrangement with an employer but you're also paid to learn with the protection of a formal agreement. This is called a training contract. You and your employer sign a binding training contract that details the legal obligations of the employer and you as the apprentice over the course of the apprenticeship.
Through an Australian Apprenticeship, you'll develop the skills and experience required for your chosen occupation. When you've finished and are ready to complete, you'll receive a nationally recognised qualification. Australian Apprenticeships are available to anyone of working age, regardless of their level of education, and can be completed full-time, part-time, or while still at school. You can be a student a school-leaver, a person re-entering the workforce or an adult worker wishing to change careers.
Australian Apprenticeships are not just for traditional trades like plumbing and air-conditioning. Training is available in a wide range of career options. Australian Apprenticeships are available in more than 600 qualifications across Australia, including traditional trades as well as a diverse range of emerging careers - everything from rescue work, zoo-keeping, IT, fashion design, television, fitness, tourism, aviation and more. Your opportunities are endless.
With an apprenticeship or traineeship you will:
- Get practical hands on training in an industry of your choice.
- Find your edge in a competitive market.
- Gain formal recognition of your skills and experience.
- Have a stepping stone to higher education.
- Receive paid work combined with structured training that can be on-the-job, off-the-job or a combination of both.
- Choose your training provider with your employer.
- Have the opportunity to finish sooner as it is competency based which means you can complete your training faster if you reach the required skill levels sooner than planned.
- End up with a nationally recognised qualification.