Before you speak with an employer about a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship make sure you:
- Read all the information on offer on our BUSY At Work website or through our related links page.
- Speak to your VET Coordinator, Careers Advisor or Guidance Counsellor at school.
- Keep your resume short. Ask a friend, a teacher or your parents to proof-read it when you’re done.
- Make a list of employers to contact and speak to your current employer if you have one.
- Ask your friends and family for help and advice.
- Check out your school notice board for jobs that may be advertised.
- Contact a BUSY At Work consultant to find out more.
- When you’re ready for the interview, dress for the occasion. Remember first impressions count.
THE BUSY GROUP LTD trading as BUSY At Work is a service provider contracted by the Australian Government as represented by the Department of Education and Training to provide support services to prospective and current employers and Australian Apprentices. THE BUSY GROUP LTD is one of a number of Network Providers in Queensland and Western Australia. This website does not represent the Australian Government, if you wish to access information about the Australian Apprenticeships, from the Australian Government you should access the Australian Apprenticeships website.