The following tips can help you and your apprentice or trainee get the most out of the experience.
Make sure your employee:
- Understands your expectations and their responsibilities.
- Undertakes occupational health and safety training.
- Has been informed about wages, employment conditions, hours worked, start/finish times, lunch and rest breaks, leave and entitlements.
- Has been introduced, welcomed and toured the workplace.
- Understands their role in relation to your business success.
- Has the necessary equipment to do their job.
Assign a supervisor who will:
- Provide ongoing mentoring, encouragement, support, feedback and supervision.
- Communicate clearly and effectively.
- Work closely with the training provider ensuring all competencies are met.
Provide on-the-job training ensuring:
- Your apprentice or trainee has contributed to their training plan.
- They know how and why each training competency is relevant and important.
- Time is allocated for training sessions.
- There is variety in the training regime.
- You regularly review and evaluate how the training is progressing.
THE BUSY GROUP LTD trading as BUSY At Work is a service provider contracted by the Australian Government as represented by the Department of Education and Training to provide support services to prospective and current employers and Australian Apprentices. THE BUSY GROUP LTD is one of a number of Network Providers in Queensland and Western Australia. This website does not represent the Australian Government, if you wish to access information about the Australian Apprenticeships, from the Australian Government you should access the Australian Apprenticeships website.