The Back To Work incentives gives small businesses the confidence to take on a new employee and provides an economic boost to our Queensland regions facing challenging times.
Back To Work is a two-year program running to June 2018 that provides employer support payments for eligible employers who hire an unemployed worker. Back to Work is a Queensland Government initiative.
Highlights of the Back to Work Incentives include:
Back to Work aims to give businesses the confidence to employ job seekers in Queensland regions, with a focus on disadvantaged job seekers and provide an economic boost to regions facing challenging times.
Payments are made directly to you … the employer! And the first payment is made after 4 weeks of continuous employment.
If you have always wanted to take on a new employee, but money has held you back, the Back to Work initiative is a must for you!
Back to Work Regional Queensland
- Central Queensland
- Far North Queensland
- North Queensland
- South West Queensland
- Wide Bay Burnett North West
- $10,000 for hiring an unemployed worker
- $15,000 for hiring the long term unemployed (out of work for 12 months or more)
- $20,000 for hiring a young job seeker aged 15-24 (from 1 December 2016 to 30 June 2018)
- $20,000 for hiring a mature aged job seeker aged 55 years or over (from 1 January 2018 to 30 June 2018)
Back to Work South East Queensland
- Gold Coast
- Lockyer Valley
- Moreton Bay
- Scenic Rim
- Sunshine Coast
* Eligibility requirements apply
For more information about the Back To Work – fill out the below form.
The Back to Work incentive is made available by the Queensland Government. Full T&Cs available here.