- Back to Work Summary Page
- SEQ Employer Support Payments
- Regional Employer Support Payments
- Youth Boost Payments
- Mature Aged Boost Payments
The following information applies to the Back to Work Regional Employer Support Package
- Central Queensland
- Far North Queensland
- North Queensland
- South West Queensland
- Wide Bay Burnett North West
Click the following link for information on the Back to Work South East Queensland Employer Support Package.
If you employ someone that has been unemployed for the past 4 weeks you can apply for an Employer Support Payment! For all eligible employees you attract a payment of $10,000, and this increases to $15,000 for employees who have been unemployed for 52 weeks or more.
Payments are made directly to you as the employer and paid in 2 parts:
$10,000 Employer Support Payment
- First payment of $4,000 is made after 4 weeks of employment and acceptance of the application
- Final payment of $6,000 paid on completion of 52 weeks continuous employment with the same employer
$15,000 Employer Support Payment
- First payment of $6,000 is made after 4 weeks of employment and acceptance of the application
- Final payment of $9,000 paid on completion of 52 weeks continuous employment with the same employer
Subsidies are available for both full-time and part-time employment. Eligible part-time jobs attract 75 per cent of the full payment.
Each eligible employer may claim a maximum of five (5) Back to Work SEQ and five (5) Back to Work Regional applications. This cap applies to Employer Support, Youth Boost and Mature Aged Worker Boost payments and combinations of those payment types. Once a total of five initial payment applications have been approved, no further initial payment applications can be accepted.
If you have always wanted to take on a new employee, but money has held you back, the Back to Work initiative is a must for you!
For more information about the Back To Work – fill out the below form.
The Back to Work incentive is made available by the Queensland Government. Full T&Cs available here.