Our vision is to have more people in jobs, more people learning new skills, and more communities exposed to positive change, in partnership with employers and industry.
BUSY At Work is a not-for-profit organisation providing apprenticeship, employment and community programs. We have over 40 years’ experience providing skilling solutions and services to businesses, workers and job seekers. BUSY At Work provide a wide range of services including recruitment and apprenticeship support services, employment and community services.
BUSY At Work are part of The BUSY Group, which presents 40 years as a community partner offering an extensive range of employment services and programs, vocational training, apprenticeships, mentoring, NDIS, disability employment support, specialist schools and allied health services.
In accordance with the vision, mission and values of The BUSY Group, the Health, Safety and Quality Coordinator will assist the Senior Health, Safety & Quality Manager in the daily management of workplace health, safety & quality and help drive staff involvement in safe work practices.
About the position…
Working on a full time basis, the Health, Safety and Quality Coordinator will join the Corporate Services team and assist the business in driving a culture that supports commitment to health, safety and well-being of our employees, with a focus on implementation and maintenance of best practice Workplace Health, Safety and Quality processes and procedures including facility wide audits, initiatives to prevent workplace incidents and management of workplace injuries. Travel between office locations will be required. This role can be based at any of our BUSY Offices or WFH.
In this role, you will:
- Assist in the development of Quality practices to obtain QAF certification and ongoing monitoring.
- Contributing to the organisational goal of Best Practice in Workplace Health and Safety management.
- Coordinate, implement and monitor the Workplace Health and Safety Management System objectives and processes.
- Coordinate, implement and monitor the Quality Management System.
- Create training and communication material to promote the Quality Management System and WHS Management system.
- Help maintain the organisations Workplace Health and Safety Key Responsibilities.
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- Comprehensive knowledge of WHS Legislation across Australian States and Territories
- Comprehensive understanding of QAF and ISO9001 requirements
- Minimum 1-2-year experience in a WHS or Quality role
- Quality assurance experience required
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Attention to detail and accuracy, including high level writing skills and computer skills
- Strong client focus and desire to be a part of a service organisation
- Competitive salary
- Flexible and Hybrid work options
- Training and Professional development commitment
- Career progression and internal transfer opportunities
- BUSY Benefits program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tools of the trade to support your individual role
If you would like to be part of a fresh innovative environment and above all, your values align with ours, then we highly recommend you apply now.
Our preferred method of application is on the BUSY At Work website listed above. Candidate care is important to us, so you will hear from us at some stage in the process, either via phone or email.
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment.
BUSY At Work are an environment where employees may need to comply with COVID-19 vaccination pursuant to any Queensland Health Directive.
The BUSY Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
The BUSY Group is an Organisation that puts the best interest of children and young people first by adhering to the Child Safety Organisation National Principles.