BUSY At Work are part of The BUSY Group, which presents 40 years as a community partner offering an extensive range of employment services and programs, vocational training, apprenticeships, mentoring, NDIS, disability employment support, specialist schools and allied health services.
In accordance with the vision, mission and values of The BUSY Group, the Workplace Health and Safety Coordinator will assist the Senior Health, Safety & Quality Manager in the daily management of workplace health & safety and help drive staff involvement in safe work practices.
About the position…
Working on a full time basis, the Workplace Health and Safety Coordinator will join the Corporate Services team and assist the business in driving a culture that supports commitment to health, safety and well-being of our employees, with a focus on implementation and maintenance of best practice Workplace Health and Safety processes and procedures including facility wide audits, initiatives to prevent workplace incidents and management of workplace injuries. Travel between office locations will be required.
In this role, you will:
- Contributing to the organisational goal of Best Practice in Workplace Health and Safety management
- Coordinate, implement and monitor the Workplace Health and Safety Management System objectives and processes.
- Help maintain the organisations Workplace Health and Safety Key Responsibilities
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- Suitable WHS qualification and a minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- A positive, driven approach to a continually changing work environment
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Attention to detail and accuracy, including high level writing skills and computer skills
- Strong client focus and desire to be a part of a service organisation
- Competitive salary
- Flexible and Hybrid work options
- Training and Professional development commitment
- Career progression and internal transfer opportunities
- BUSY Benefits program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tools of the trade to support your individual role
If you would like to be part of a fresh innovative environment and above all, your values align with ours, then we highly recommend you apply now.
Our preferred method of application is on the BUSY At Work website listed above. Candidate care is important to us, so you will hear from us at some stage in the process, either via phone or email.
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment.
BUSY At Work are an environment where employees may need to comply with COVID-19 vaccination pursuant to any Queensland Health Directive.
The BUSY Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
The BUSY Group is an Organisation that puts the best interest of children and young people first by adhering to the Child Safety Organisation National Principles.