Our vision is to have more young people completing school, more young people in meaningful employment and as a result, exposing more communities to positive change.
About BUSY Schools
At BUSY Schools, we offer Year 11 and 12 students an alternative learning solution and the opportunity to re-engage with education and complete school (their QCE) while getting a head start into employment.
Students complete a personalised educational program, learn skills for life and have the opportunity to start paid employment and training while still at school.
BUSY Schools is part of The BUSY Group, which presents 40 years as a community partner offering an extensive range of employment services, vocational training, apprenticeships, mentoring, NDIS, disability employment support, and allied health services.
The is a full time position until September 2023 based at the Salisbury Campus.
About the Position
Work Readiness Officers will assist in the development and delivery of a work readiness program to students, BUSY Schools to Work. The primary purpose of the Work Readiness Officer is to support students to gain practical work readiness skills to be successful in work experience, work placement and prospective school-based apprenticeship or traineeship opportunities.
The role is proactive in planning and delivering work readiness programs and using a case management approach to understanding individual student vocational training and education pathways and seeking industry-based opportunities.
- Competitive, above award salary
- Flexible and Hybrid work options
- Training and Professional development commitment
- Career progression and internal transfer opportunities
- BUSY Benefits program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tools of the trade to support your individual role
The successful candidate will possess:
- Previous experience in a similar role of developing and delivering work readiness and employability skills within industry, youth support and/or education sectors.
- A demonstrated ability to successfully engage young people in relevant and dynamic learning
- Proven ability to develop cooperative working relationships and work as part of a team with broad range of internal and external stakeholders, in industry, vocational education and training and the school community to ensure outcomes for students are achieved.
- Able to self-manage completion of simultaneous tasks and meet deadlines.
If you would like to be part of a new fresh innovative environment, in a school that has a fundamental emphasis on what our young people can achieve for life, and above all, your values align with ours, then we highly recommend you apply now.
How to express your interest…
Our preferred method of application is on The BUSY School website listed above. Candidate care is important to us, so you will hear from us at some stage in the process, either via phone or email.
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment.
The BUSY Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
The BUSY Group is an Organisation that puts the best interest of children and young people first by adhering to the Child Safety Organisation National Principles.