Looking to grow your workforce?
Are you a business or a young job seeker in the Sunshine Coast region?
Through this Australian Government funded program your business can trial a young person (aged 17-24) before you hire them, and receive help with wage and training costs.
BUSY At Work’s Pre-apprentice PaTH Internship Program is a flexible way to find the right young person for your business without the expense of hiring and training.
The program is free to employers and provides financial assistance to take on a Pre-apprentice Intern. What’s more, BUSY will do all the work to get you started!
The opportunity –
- You can trial a young person (aged 17-24) for an internship period between 4 to 12 weeks and, given trials are voluntary; you will know they are motivated and eager to work.
- Your business will receive $1,000 to help cover the cost of trialing the young person – on your behalf; BUSY At Work will prepare the claim for this financial assistance.
- During the trial, you do not pay the young person; instead the Australian Government provides an additional $200 per fortnight on top of their income support payments and cover their insurance. This is triggered through the registration of the young person in the program – there is nothing for you, the employer, to do.
- Should the trial go well, there is financial assistance of up to $10,000 available (conditions apply) for businesses that hire their young person – this is intended to help with wage and training costs.
- BUSY At Work assist by setting up and managing the trial, as well as organising the financial assistance available for you and the intern.
What are the benefits for employers?
Trial before you hire
A BUSY At Work Pre-apprentice PaTH Internship enables a business to trial a potential employee for 30 to 50 hours per fortnight over four to twelve weeks. This provides a great opportunity for your business, to see if the trial employee is the right fit for the business.
No wage costs during the trial
During the trial, host businesses do not pay the young person a wage. Instead, the Australian Government gives them $200 a fortnight on top of their income support. Employers receive a payment of $1,000 (GST inclusive) to help cover the costs of hosting an intern.
Potential wage assistance should you decide to employ
Receive up to $10,000 in financial assistance for your new employee should you decide to then hire them after the trial.
What are the benefits for job seekers?
Gain valuable experience
A BUSY At Work Pre-apprentice PaTH Internship provides young job seekers (aged 17-24 and registered with Centrelink) the opportunity to gain valuable experience in a workplace and demonstrate their skills and abilities to a potential employer.
Find out about an industry and role
An internship is also an opportunity for a job seeker to test their own suitability for working in a particular role or industry. All internships are voluntary. If it doesn’t work out you have gained some valuable work experience and are one step closer to getting a job more suited to your preferences.
Potential to gain work!
If your employer has an opportunity to keep you on and your trial went well, you may gain ongoing work with them.
Find out More!
If you’re interested in finding out more about the Pre-apprentice PaTH Internship Program and how BUSY can help you grow your workforce in a cost effective way contact us today – Ph: 13 28 79 or email email@example.com