Supporting Apprentices and Trainees Subsidy (ends June 30)
BUSY At Work and The Apprenticeship Community are committed to supporting employers, apprentices, GTOs and RTOs to ensure as many apprentices and trainees as possible keep their jobs during this unprecedented time.
The Australian Government’s Supporting Apprentices and Trainees Subsidy will be ending on June 30. We note that you have expressed interest in submitting a claim, or you may have been requested to provide further information (eg payslips). Please let us know below if you are interested in continuing with your claim.
Please note, we are able to assist businesses in QLD and WA. If you are from another State, please visit www.treasury.gov.au for more information.
The Supporting Apprentices and Trainees Subsidy is separate to the Boosting Apprenticeship Commencements subsidy (for employing a new apprentice). More information on the BAC subsidy can be found here.
Supporting Apprentices and Trainees Subsidy (SATS)
For Current Employers of Apprentices & Trainees.
Claims for the last quarter (Round 5, covering the period 1st January to 31st March, 2021 ) are open. All claims for all quarters must be submitted by 30 June 2021.
- Wage subsidy of 50% of an apprentice’s or trainee’s wage
- Employers reimbursed up to $21,000 per apprentice or trainee
- 3 monthly instalments – up to $7,000 per quarter
- 50% of actual wages paid between 1 January 2020 and 31 March 2021.
If eligible, employers will be able to claim up to $7000 a quarter for apprentices and trainees in 2019/20 and 2020/2021 financial years. The wages will be paid up to March 31 2021.
If you have any questions please email us:
WA Employers please email: SATWSClaimsWA@busyatwork.com.au
Eligibility Criteria Includes:
- Eligibility is available to employers with less than 200 employees.
- The apprentice or trainee needs to have been employed by the business since July 1 2020.
- Any occupation, any industry, any qualification, an AQF level of Certificate II or higher, full-time, part-time and school-based
- Employer must provide evidence of paid wages by attaching complete pay slips for the full quarter period to their claim form. For the fifth quarter (Round 5), pay period must cover from January 1, 2021 to March 31, 2021.
- Employers of any size (including GTOs) that re-engage an eligible out-of-trade apprentice or trainee are also eligible for the subsidy
- Registration and claim submissions for Round 5 are now open.
- For employers with less than 20 employees, subsidy can be back-paid from January 1, 2020 (for Rounds 1 and 2 and only if not previously making a claim or receiving JobKeeper during that time).
- Fifth quarter is paid from January 1 to March 31, 2021 and employers of less than 200 employees can also make a claim for this round if eligible.
- Payments will be made quarterly.
- Claims for all rounds must be submitted before 30 June 2021.
Help to Lodge your SATS Claim
Further information to ensure you have all evidence required when lodging a claim can be found at:
LODGING A SATS CLAIM.
If you are an employer and would like more information please email: SATWSClaimsWA@busyatwork.com.au
Or you can call our National Contact Centre on 13 28 79