The Australian Government understands the challenges facing people with a disability and recognises the need for transition support to help people with a disability to participate fully in education, training and employment.
The program benefits people with a disability, their families and support networks, along with benefiting post-secondary education providers with improved coordination and delivery of transition support services to facilitate successful employment opportunities.
Through this initiative, BUSY At Work:
- provides information to individuals with disability;
- links individuals and organisations to local support services;
- assists local education providers and employers to provide better services for people with disability; and
- raises awareness amongst education providers, employers and the general public of the issues people with disability face.
The South East Queensland region. including the Gold Coast, is region #19
The National Disability Coordination Officer supporting this region is Ben Hugo, who is based at 99 Minjungbal Drive, Tweed Heads NSW 2486. Ben can be contacted on 13BUSY (13 28 79), or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Improve transitions to help people with a disability from school or community into post-school education and training and subsequent employment.
Increase participation by people with a disability in higher education, vocational education and training and employment.
Establish better links between schools, universities, TAFEs, training providers, employers and disability service providers so that they can work together to provide the best possible assistance for people with a disability.
• Provide information to individuals with a disability.
• Link individuals and organisations to local support services.
• Assist local education providers and employers to provide better services for people with a disability.
• Raise awareness amongst education providers, employers and the general public of the issues facing people with a disability.
To find out more about the programme and your nearest NDCO, please visit
Developed as part of the Australian Government initiative, National Disability Coordination Officer Program, Disability Awareness Training is the only eLearning training freely available in Australia. Its content is ideal for someone who has minimal or no knowledge of disability, and can be used as a refresher course to be applied across:
You can access this Disability Awareness Training here.