BUSY At Work is pleased to announce that we are contracted to deliver a new Australian Government funded program that will assist around 400 young Australians or ex Australian Defence Force (ADF) personnel with funding support for Vocational Education and Training (VET) programs. The first round of scholarship application processing launches today!
Under the Commonwealth Scholarships Program for Young Australians, eligible recipients will complete a VET course, with funding support of up to $5000 per year, and a 20-business day paid internship, receiving $3000 for the internship work. Host employers will also receive $500 per intern.
The scholarships target occupations identified in projected growth industries and in demand occupations and are delivered by BUSY At Work in ten regional areas in the following locations:
- New South Wales: Grafton and Gosford
- Northern Territory: Alice Springs
- Queensland: Maryborough and Townsville
- South Australia: Port Pirie
- Tasmania: Burnie
- Victoria: Shepparton, and
- Western Australia: Wanneroo and Armadale
The Scholarship is open for applicants who are:
- Aged 15 to 24 years or recently (within the last two years) exited from the Australian Defence Force (no age restriction)
- Not in full time work at the time of applying
- Living in one of the 10 nominated regional areas, and
- who have applied for an eligible VET qualification at the Certificate III to Advanced Diploma level, which leads to an eligible occupation.
Priority is given to individuals who have recently exited from the Australian Defence Force, and young people (15-24) who are Indigenous, have a disability or are from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Managing Director for BUSY At Work, Paul Miles, stated “BUSY are excited to be delivering the Commonwealth Scholarships Program, offering eligible persons an opportunity to progress their career through applicable training in industries that are experiencing growth. We encourage anyone who is eligible to apply for this incredible opportunity.”