BUSY At Work is your experienced local Australian Apprenticeship Support Network Provider and since 1998 has played a key role in growing Australian Apprenticeships and Traineeships. BUSY At Work delivers Apprenticeship Services in Queensland and Western Australia. We also deliver these services nationally through our strategic partnerships.
An apprenticeship or traineeship allows you to become qualified for a particular job while studying for a relevant certificate or diploma. You are paid a wage while you learn on the job and study for your qualification. You don’t need a secondary school certificate or other qualification before applying and you can start the process of becoming an apprentice or a trainee at any time:
- if you’re at school
- if you’re just out of school
- if you’re already working
- if you’re unemployed.
This flexibility gives employers who are wanting to expand their business several different options to suit their financial situation or business goals.
- School-based apprenticeships/traineeships provide for less supervisory commitment (usually a day a week), less financial commitment and you get the satisfaction of transferring your knowledge and passion into the future of Australia.
- Apprenticeships and traineeships are alternatives to university and other tertiary education for many school leavers … a great way to expand your business, increase your productivity and access government incentives.
- Adult apprentices and trainees may have some work experience and now have clear direction on their career path. They can also commit fully (or part time) to assisting you in the expansion of your business.
- Mature age apprentices and trainees have valuable life skills that can add extra value to your business. Skills and experienced gained from education, training, work and life experiences can also assist in shortening the training time required.
At the completion of an apprenticeship or traineeship program, employers have a fully qualified employee with the confidence, training and experience to independently action the requirements of your business. For those taking on an adult or mature age apprentice/trainee, formal Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) can have your new employee fully qualified and working independently much quicker than expected.
So what is the difference between an apprenticeship or a traineeship?
It’s important to know that after completing your apprenticeship or traineeship you have a nationally recognised qualification allowing you to easily pick up similar work in other towns, cities and states.
What is an Apprenticeship?
An apprenticeship is the time spent learning a skilled trade under a qualified tradesperson. There are hundreds of different trades – from hairdresser to mechanic, electrician to chef, plumber to cabinet maker.
What is a Traineeship?
A traineeship is the time spent learning a job (or vocation) under a supervisor. You can do a traineeship in just about any workplace, for example in a shop, a fast food outlet or office. Traineeship qualifications range from Certificate II up to Advanced Diploma.
BUSY At Work’s role with Australian Apprenticeships and Traineeships
BUSY At Work is an Australian Apprenticeship Support Network (AASN) Provider and is contracted by the Australian Government to provide advice on apprenticeships and traineeships. We promote and administer incentives for apprenticeship opportunities through the Australian Apprenticeships Incentive Program. Over the years we have established a reputation as the specialists in apprenticeships support services.
We assist Apprentices, Trainees and Employers but also job seekers interested in furthering their career through apprenticeships and traineeships:
- Understand the benefits of employing an apprentice or trainee
- Identify financial incentives
- Identify appropriateness of school-based, adult vs mature aged programs
- Identify appropriate training for new apprentice/trainee
- Perform FREE recruitment services
- Administer paperwork
- Apprentice/Trainee induction
- Eligibility and processing claims for available government incentives
- Routine ‘check ins’ and mentoring support if needed
Contact us today to learn more about the Australian Apprenticeship Support Network.
In Western Australia, we’re known as The Apprenticeship Community. CLICK HERE!
BUSY At Work has partnered with CoAct to deliver tailored Australian Apprenticeship Support Network (AASN) services in WA.
Together we are known as The Apprenticeship Community, and we are the only community based, not-for-profit provider of AASN services in WA.
Our services are designed specifically for WA employers and apprentices, and we provide advice and support for participants throughout the apprenticeship lifecycle – all the way from pre-commencement to completion.
The Apprenticeship Community has a strong focus on community, and we use “the power of many” to ensure opportunities are created and support is available to assist employers and apprentices in their partnership to success.
We demonstrate a passion for people and what we do and our impact is powerful.
To find out how The Apprenticeship Community can help you, visit our dedicated website: www.apprenticeshipcommunity.com.au
To speak to one of The Apprenticeship Community’s friendly staff, phone (08) 6165 3362.
THE BUSY GROUP LTD trading as BUSY At Work is a service provider contracted by the Australian Government as represented by the Department of Education and Training to provide support services to prospective and current employers and Australian Apprentices. THE BUSY GROUP LTD is one of a number of Network Providers in Queensland and Western Australia. This website does not represent the Australian Government, if you wish to access information about the Australian Apprenticeships, from the Australian Government you should access the Australian Apprenticeships website.