When employing someone with a disability, whether an apprentice, trainee or general employee for your business, you may be eligible for workplace modifications via the Australian Government’s Employee Assistance Fund (EAF).
The EAF gives financial help to eligible people with disability and mental health conditions and employers to buy work-related modifications, equipment, Auslan services and workplace assistance and support services. The EAF could help to buy work-related modifications and services like:
- the cost of making adjustments to the workplace
- modifications to work vehicles
- special equipment for the workplace
- information and communication devices
- Auslan interpreting services
- disability awareness training for the workplace
- mental health awareness and first aid training
More information on support for employers via the Employee Assistance Fund can be found at jobaccess.gov.au.