Are you a young job seeker who isn’t quite sure what’s expected of you in the workplace?
The Transition to Work program is an Australian Government initiative that provides youth employment services and support for young people to help them gain employment or further education. The service aims to help build skills and confidence to enter the workforce. We have experience working with young people who have left school early or who have had difficulty entering employment after school. If you need a little help developing your resume or some tips to help you find a job in your local area, simply fill in the form below and one of our friendly staff members will be in touch soon.
BUSY At Work is your local provider at the following locations:
• Hervey Bay
• Buddina (Outreach)
BUSY At Work in partnership with Skill360 also delivers this service in the Townsville region:
• Thuringowa Central
We also deliver the Transition to Work service in partnership with Wesley Mission Victoria in Oakleigh, Melbourne.
What services can you get?
We can help you:
• Develop practical skills to get a job
• Connect with education or training
• Find and complete work experience placements
• Find job opportunities in the local area
• Connect with relevant local community services
Who is eligible?
Transition to Work is designed to help young people who are early school leavers or those who have had difficulty entering employment after school. To participate in Transition to Work you must be:
• Aged 15-21, and
• An Australian citizen, or
• The holder of a permanent visa, or
• New Zealand Special Category Visa, or
• Nominated Visa (including Temporary Protection Visa or Safe Haven Visa)
Eligibility will also depend on your circumstances, including whether you:
• Have been awarded a Year 12 certificate or Certificate III
• Have been employed within the last six months
• Receive an income support payment such as Youth Allowance
• Are currently participating in another employment service including jobactive
If this sounds like you and you’re wanting to build your skills, simply send us a message to see how we can help you!
“I love my job here… the horses that I work with and I’m outside every day in this beautiful arena that I ride in every day. It’s just awesome, I love it so much. I am now studying a Diploma in Rural Operations and Equine Services and have a new lease on life”.
Billie Burnham, TTW participant and now Stablehand at Horses to Humans.
Watch Billie’s inspiring story on Youtube