HELP US PROCESS YOUR CLAIM FAST!
- The 4th round claim is now open, covering the period 1st July to September 30, 2021.
- Attach pay evidence covering the full claim period for either Round 1 (5 October 2020 – 31st December), Round 2 (1st January 2021 to 31st March), Round 3 (1st April to 30th June 2021) or Round 4 (1st July to 30th September 2021).
The last claim period will end on 31st March 2023.
- Claims for Rounds 1 – 6 need to be submitted by 30 June 2022 and claims for Rounds 7- 10 must be submitted by 30 June 2023.
The full pay period for each quarter must be covered by the pay slips provided – this may mean attaching a pay period prior to 5 October and post the end of each quarter, to ensure these dates are included.
- Payslips must:
– cover the entire period of the claim
– contain the name of the apprentice/trainee, employer, and include the employer ABN
– contain dates of payments and gross (pre-tax) wages paid.
- It has been noted that some accounting packages (eg Xero) may not provide all of the pay period for the duration specified so you may need to include pay periods before and after the required pay period for eg. in Quarter 1, pay period evidence from before 5 October and after 31 December 2020 may need to be included.
- Please also note – If your Apprentice or Trainee had an unpaid period (due to annual leave, training period where they were not being paid, or they were stood down) during the quarter period, ensure you include details of this on your Claim Form where indicated.
- Take your time with completing the claim form and provide accurate information about your company and your apprentice or trainee.
More information regarding wage evidence can be found at: ACCEPTABLE WAGE EVIDENCE FOR BAC CLAIM
WHAT IF I’M CLAIMING JOBKEEPER – AM I ELIGIBLE?
- You could be, particularly for Round 1 claims as the claim period did not overlap with JobKeeper payments.
- You cannot claim both the Supporting Apprentice and Trainee Wage subsidy and Jobkeeper for the same period.
- Contact us if you are unsure and we can walk you through it – email@example.com or 13 28 79
WHAT IF I HAVE SUSPENDED OR CANCELLED MY APPRENTICE?
- If your apprentice has been suspended or cancelled due to the Coronavirus, you will be eligible for payments up until the date of suspension/ cancellation (pending other eligibility criteria are met).
More information regarding eligibility criteria for BAC and other support for business can be found here.