Our vision is to have more people in jobs, more people learning new skills, and more communities exposed to positive change, in partnership with employers and industry.
BUSY At Work is a not-for-profit organisation providing a wide range of employment services including recruitment and apprenticeship support services, employment and community services apprenticeship, employment and community programs.
BUSY At Work are part of The BUSY Group, which presents 40 years as a community partner offering an extensive range of employment services and programs, vocational training, apprenticeships, mentoring, NDIS, disability employment support, specialist schools and allied health services.
About the position
The role of the Self-Employment Assistance (SEA) Employment Coordinators is to support individuals in successfully starting and running a small business by offering a range of services that support Participants to develop a business idea, draft a viable business plan, and run their business. You will receive tools of the trade for this role including a laptop, mobile and car.
In this role, you will:
- Facilitating tailored workshops to individuals interested in Self Employment Assistance.
- A strong local network to promote SEA program and benefits of Self Employment to all stakeholders.
- Supporting individuals to explore self-employment options through both workshops and individual meetings to develop a viable business plan.
- Providing mentoring to individuals who have progressed in starting their business.
This role is a full-time, fixed term opportunity until June 2025. This role is based in Cairns City or potentially Manunda in order to service clients in the Cairns employment region.
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous proven experience in Employment Services.
- An excellent understanding and knowledge of all aspects of running a small business.
- A solid understanding of Self-Employment Assistance (formerly NEIS) and its requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in business coaching and/or mentoring.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills – with the ability to build and sustain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
- Ownership or management of Small and Medium Sized Enterprise (SME) desirable.
- Competitive, above award salary
- Generous Bonus incentive plans
- Flexible and Hybrid work options
- Training and Professional development commitment
- Career progression and internal transfer opportunities
- BUSY Benefits program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tools of the trade to support your individual role
How to apply….
Our preferred method of application is on the BUSY At Work website
Candidate care is important to us, so you will hear from us at some stage in the process, either via phone or email.
The BUSY Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
This position is subject to obtaining a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
If you don’t have a current blue card, to avoid delays, we suggest you complete an online application at the link below, selecting jobseeker:
The BUSY Group is an organisation that puts the best interest of children and young people first by adhering to the Child Safety Organisation National Principles.