About The BUSY Schools
At the BUSY Schools, we offer Year 11 and 12 students an alternative learning solution and the opportunity to re-engage with education and complete school (their QCE) while getting a head start into employment.
Students complete a personalised educational program, learn skills for life and have the opportunity to start paid employment and training while still at school.
The BUSY Schools are growing in the community and have campuses at Cairns, Salisbury, Shailer Park and Coolangatta.
The BUSY Schools is part of The BUSY Group, which presents 40 years as a community partner offering an extensive range of employment services, vocational training, apprenticeships, mentoring, NDIS, disability employment support, and allied health services.
About the position
Based in Coolangatta, you will be required to support BUSY School students with connections to industry that lead to placements and employment. By provide a personalised case management approach to advising students on career choices/pathways and actively progressing them through the relevant opportunities for training and employment.
You will also establish and manage a work experience program for students, including the sourcing of opportunities, preparing students, monitoring students while on placement and all related records.
- Competitive, above award salary
- Flexible and Hybrid work options
- Training and Professional development commitment
- Career progression and internal transfer opportunities
- BUSY Benefits program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tools of the trade to support your individual role
The successful candidate will possess:
- Proven ability to develop cooperative working relationships with broad range of internal and external stakeholders to ensure outcomes for students are achieved.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in working with vocational education pathways, in particular the Australian School Based Apprenticeship program.
- Excellent communicator, a promoter who is influential with the ability to seek and secure opportunities.
- A strong, innovative change agent with an ability to analyse situations and adopt an effective course of action.
If you would like to be part of a new fresh innovative environment, in a school that has a fundamental emphasis on what our young people can achieve for life, and above all, your values align with ours, then we highly recommend you apply now.
Our preferred method of application is on The BUSY School website listed above. Candidate care is important to us, so you will hear from us at some stage in the process, either via phone or email.
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment.
The BUSY Schools are an environment where all employees are fully COVID-19 vaccinated pursuant to the Queensland Health Directive.
The BUSY Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
The BUSY Group is an Organisation that puts the best interest of children and young people first by adhering to the Child Safety Organisation National Principles