Our vision is to have more young people completing school, more young people in meaningful employment and as a result, exposing more communities to positive change.
About The BUSY Schools
At The BUSY Schools, we offer Year 11 and 12 students an alternative learning solution and the opportunity to re-engage with education and complete school (their QCE) while getting a head start into employment.
Students complete a personalised educational program, learn skills for life and have the opportunity to start paid employment and training while still at school.
The BUSY Schools is part of The BUSY Group, which presents 40 years as a community partner offering an extensive range of employment services, vocational training, apprenticeships, mentoring, NDIS, disability employment support, and allied health services.
This is a great opportunity for a motivated Teacher’s Aide to join The BUSY Schools team in a part time capacity at our Cairns Campus!
About the Position
The primary purpose of the Teacher Aide is to support The BUSY Schools students with working towards completing vocational education and training (VET) qualifications. Students may need support as they may miss classes delivered by a registered training organisation (RTO) and need subsequent support to engage with and catch up on the work in their own time, or have attended classes and need additional learning support to access the content.
The Teacher Aide will help students to improve their VET completion outcomes, to enhance opportunities to undertake work experience and school-based apprenticeships/traineeships and improve progress towards a Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE).
This is a part time position working approximately 20 hours per week until May 2023.
- Competitive, above award salary
- Flexible and Hybrid work options
- Training and Professional development commitment
- Career progression and internal transfer opportunities
- BUSY Benefits program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tools of the trade to support your individual role
The successful candidate will possess:
- A demonstrated ability to successfully engage and support young people in learning.
- Sound understanding of vocational education and training (VET).
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with and develop cooperative working relationships with broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Previous experience in a similar role within industry, youth support and/or education sectors.
- Able to self-manage completion of simultaneous projects/tasks and meet deadlines.
If you would like to be part of a new fresh innovative environment, in a school that has a fundamental emphasis on what our young people can achieve for life, and above all, your values align with ours, then we highly recommend you apply now.
How to express your interest…
Our preferred method of application is on The BUSY School website listed above. Candidate care is important to us, so you will hear from us at some stage in the process, either via phone or email.
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment.
The BUSY Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
The BUSY Group is an Organisation that puts the best interest of children and young people first by adhering to the Child Safety Organisation National Principles.