Exploring Self-Employment Workshops
BUSY At Work offer funded places in Exploring Self-Employment Workshops.
The workshop will help you:
- Understand what’s involved in starting a business.
You have the idea, now what are the next steps? From assessing the viability of your idea to learning what is legally required in Australia to start your business.
- Work with others, meet people and network your business ideas.
Connect to the right people and markets that can help your business get off the ground.
- Generate or validate a business idea into a real world business plan.
Having a business plan will give you a clearer idea of your steps forward, how to measure them, improve and finesse your business for success.
- Make an informed decision about whether self-employment is right for you.
Understanding what it takes to start a business, some of the challenges and rewards will help you decide if it’s right for you right now.
- Speak with established business operators: find out what is involved in running a business.
Hear from others and learn first hand what some of the challenges and rewards are – and get some great tips!
- Start-up Essentials: steps involved to start up, business structure, awareness of key legal, insurance, tax, and financial record keeping.
Make sure all your paperwork is in order to legally operate a business in Australia.
- Going Digital: the importance of having online presence and identifying a suitable medium.
Learn how to use social media, website and online advertising to leverage your brand awareness and business results.
- Branding and Marketing: developing a brand, marketing and the value of your business to the consumer.
Refine and position your brand and products to reach the correct markets.
Express your interest in an upcoming workshop below.