Supporting your Successful Career Transition
Have you been caring for family and are now looking to return to the workforce?
Or have you recently returned to paid employment and are now looking to advance your career?
An Australian Government initiative, the Mid Career Checkpoint program assists people who have spent time out of the workforce undertaking caring responsibilities and who are now looking to return to paid employment. Alternatively, you may have recently entered the workforce but would like support to advance or change your career.
BUSY At Work is the contracted provider to deliver this pilot program in the state of Queensland – we are here to support your successful career transition!
The program has three entry points:
- ‘Stepping Back In’ provides access to skills and employment assessment services and advice on re-entry into the workforce, including suggestions for professional and skills development.
- ‘Stepping Up’ supports carers who have recently returned to the paid workforce with access to advice on advancing or changing their career.
- General entry – you can access the program if you are an existing worker in a designated industry.
Working one-on-one with a BUSY At Work Career Guide, Participants will receive:
- a free skills and employment assessment,
- tailored career advice and coaching sessions,
- a customised Skills, Training and Employment Plan (STEP) that details your employment goals and identifies your attributes, skills and qualifications, as well as any skills gaps,
- included in your STEP, information on local employment and training opportunities, in line with your employment goals,
- potential funding of up to $3,000 to support training, if this is the recommendation in your STEP.
Are you eligible?
You are eligible to participate in the Mid Career Checkpoint program if you:
- have been out of the paid workforce for six months or more, and
- are undertaking caring responsibilities, and
- are looking to return to work or advance your career.
You are an existing worker in a designated industry* which includes:
- Accommodation and Food Services
- Education and Training
- Arts and Recreation Services
- Retail Trade
- Administration and Support Services
- Residential Care Services
- Child Care Services
* Designated industries are defined as female-dominated and COVID 19 affected, where women (in particular) are at risk of unemployment.