Latest News

 

Billion-dollar works begin to rebuild Queensland

Billion-dollar works begin to rebuild Queensland

Flood works are underway to rebuild Queensland.

Queensland’s construction sector is set to see a flurry of activity over the next five months as flood restoration works kick off around the state, the government announced this week.

Transport and main roads minister Scott Emerson said more than 80 representatives from the construction and contracting industry were briefed on Tuesday (February 13) about more than $1 billion worth of projects earmarked for flood affected regions.

“I’ve made it clear to industry that we want innovation to deliver more resilient infrastructure as we begin the repair process,” the minister explained.

“Communities want their repair works underway faster and they want their infrastructure more resilient, and this is what we are preparing to deliver.”

The billion-dollar package of restoration works is expected to stimulate activity in the building sector – potentially generating opportunities for apprenticeships in Queensland as a result.

Mr Emerson said assessments are also underway on a further $1.5 billion worth of road and infrastructure projects.

Speaking to APN Media, premier Campbell Newman said last month’s floods had caused widespread damage in Queensland – devastating infrastructure, smashing rural industries and leaving more than 2,000 families displaced.

Subscribe to News Alerts

BUSY At Work

Register a Job

Subscribe for Updates

Employer Registration

Job Seeker Registration

Employer Registration

Job Seeker Registration