A new initiative launched today by the Federal Government showcases and promotes a diverse range of rewarding careers available via vocational education and training (VET).
Assistant Minister for Vocational Education and Skills, Karen Andrews, launched real skills for real careers whilst speaking at the 2017 Australian Training Awards in Canberra.
real skills for real careers features people sharing their personal VET success stories in videos, podcasts, brochures, posters and across social media.
“For too long, perceptions surrounding VET have been out of step with reality” Minister Andrews said.
The Australian Government Department of Education and Training has created a communications tool kit to be used by stakeholders to help engage potential students with the VET sector.
This new tool kit is designed to complement the marketing and communications strategies already in place by the stakeholders of VET.
The tools in the kit aim to:
- re-engage target audiences through a content marketing strategy
- deliver the content via digital channels and directly to the audience
- complement and enhance existing sector communications strategies
- set a tone of ambition and success
- tell the story of the great outcomes of VET, revealing the unexpected and surprising
- use a language and tone which elevates VET to a higher position in the minds of potential students
Through a set of key messages and a unifying tagline we can help Australians realise that VET is uniquely positioned to deliver real skills for real careers.